…since last he blogged.
1. I completed Script Frenzy in 22 days. When I feel brave enough to show it to the world, you’ll be the first to know. But for now, this mish-mash of hallucinogenic, bleary-eyed, caffeine-riddled garbage is staying under lock and key. It seriously isn’t worth reading; but it served its purpose. Because of this exercise…
2… I completed the first draft of my novel, The Dark Crusade of Robinson Stone. 18 months in the writing, it’s been put to bed for the rest of this month. It needs some hard revision and editorial work. I know what needs to be done. Read it on WEbook, while it’s still there.
3. I got my hair cut because…
4. I went to Galway for a romantic weekend with the love of my life, Mary. (Cue happy sighs.)
5. I quit smoking…for good.
6. I updated my Facebook status three times a day, even when I was in Galway.
7. I contemplated quitting my job at least once a day.
8. I wondered why I wasn’t blogging, even though I had tonnes of ideas.
9. I fell in love with Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor.
10. I fell in love with Karen Gillan as Amy Pond, The Doctor’s companion.
11. I fell well and truly in love with Mary. (Cue more happy sighs.)
12. I created a new character: Tara Kane, PI. (More on her at a later date.)
13. I’ve rediscovered Leslie Charteris’ Simon Templar, AKA The Saint. God, if only I could write that well.
14. I made a deal with God. Enough said!
15. I made a promise to myself to blog more often.
James the first-time novelist.